koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] MySQL 5.0 problem

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] MySQL 5.0 problem
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2005 12:35:52 +0100

Stephen Hedges a écrit :
I've been trying to install Koha with MySQL 5.0, but I get an error when
the installer tries to create the "issues" table.  The problem turns out
to be simple to explain, but harder to fix.

Starting with version 5.0, MySQL treats "return" as a reserved word, and
the "issues" table has a column named "return."  That's what causes the
error. The easy and immediate fix is to avoid using MySQL 5.0 or higher. Eventually, however, it would be nice to change the name of this column so
Koha users can use all the features of MySQL 5+.

It's probably a reserved word for stored procs. that's a shame & should be cleaned for 3.0, even if we don't use mySQL immediatly.

--
Paul POULAIN