koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Serial Subscriptions questions

From: Paul POULAIN
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:23:39 +0100

Robert Lyon a écrit :
Hello All,

Hello Robert,

I have two quick questions about the add subscription page for serial subscriptions
1) The subscription length fields:
- is their purpose to indicate to koha when a subscription is to end?

yes.

- if so does koha warn in any way that the subscription is to end/has ended?

you can't recieve an issue when the subscription has ended.
What would be better even would be to be able to have a systempref to warn you X issues/weeks/montsh BEFORE the expiry. Hélas, I never made the sub that could do that.

2) It looks as though a subscription is worked out for a biblio and items are added to that biblio is that correct?

yes.

- What happens if a subscription's biblio has multiple groups how does handle this?
it does not, as, in MARC=ON, there is always 1 biblio = 1 bibioitem, so I don't have the problem.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants