koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Tümer Garip rocks !

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] Tümer Garip rocks !
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:18:50 +0100

Everybody all around the world was dreaming of a powerful inventory system in Koha (more powerfull than the one we have for instance).
And Tümer wrote it !

I'll play with it and include it for Koha 3.0 next week.
Tümer Garip a écrit :

Hi again,
Here is another script which you may find useful.

It simply reads barcodes and marks the items as seen for stock control.
We have wireless network, so the librarian goes around with a wireless
notebook shelfreeding the barcodes which automatically updates the
database items.datelastseen.

For off-line use it can read a textfile of barcodes (read through a
handheld barcode reader) and update them all at once.

You may use or improve it as you like.

Regards,

Tümer Garip
NEU Grand Library