koha-devel

[Koha-devel] MySQL specific queries

From: Pierrick LE GALL
Subject: [Koha-devel] MySQL specific queries
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:59:11 +0200

Hi koha-devel,

Working in admin/stopwords.pl, I've found an SQL query I didn't know :
"REPLACE stopwords (word) values (?)". I've searched in my MySQL
cookbook and found what was the purpose of this statement (it's great
by the way, too bad I didn't know it, it would have saved me many code
lines).

What the cookbook also told me is that "INSERT IGNORE" and "REPLACE"
are MySQL specific statement. Maybe we already use "SELECT ... LIMIT
X,Y" but this one is much more difficult to /translate/ into standard
SQL. What is the official coding guideline concerning SQL queries? Can
we use such specific statements?

Cheers,

--
Pierrick LE GALL