koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Premature end of script headers

From: Rick Welykochy
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Premature end of script headers
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 18:37:30 +1000

Chris Cormack wrote:

Are you running apache2, if so what version, some of them don't seem to log all the errors to the virtualhost error logs but instead log them to the main apache2 error log. So I'd take a look in /var/log/apache2/error_log (or whereever the set up is) and see if there is more information in there.

Apache2 it is. And you got it in one. The /var/log/apache2/error.log
shows this:

[Fri Sep 14 15:48:24 2007] [error] (13)Permission denied: exec of
'/usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl' failed

I had obtained all the Koha200Pre5 sources from a zipfile, which of course
drops the execute perms on files.

Now that I've made the *.pl files executable, all is going well.

I do recall there is an Apache config to force all perl scripts to execute
regardless of perms, something like "AddHandler cgi-script pl", but I
think I'll leave well enough alone on the Koha/2.0.0 install.

thanks,
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas.
     -- Keppel Enderbery