koha-translate

[Koha-translate] Dutch versions

From: Marcel de Rooy
Subject: [Koha-translate] Dutch versions
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:19:53 +0000

Frederic,

At this time we have in Pootle: Dutch  [nl-BE] and Dutch (Nederland) [nl-NL].

Dutch (Nederland) is a mixup of two languages.

The English form should be Dutch (The Netherlands), the translated form should be Nederlands (Nederland).

We could further improve the distinction by renaming the other one, Dutch, to:

Dutch (Belgium)       or natively: Nederlands (België)

Additionally, we could even add Flemish [native: Vlaams] in the description too. Many people from Belgium appear to prefer that, although it may not be the official name of the language spoken in Belgium. In that case we could change to:

Dutch, Flemish (Belgium)     or natively: Nederlands, Vlaams (België)

I sent a patch to Koha for showing this difference too in the about template.

Like:

·  Nederlands (Dutch) Sponsored by Rijksmuseum

·  Nederlands, Vlaams (Dutch as spoken in Belgium, Flemish)

Could you also take a look at that patch and signoff if you agree?

Thank you for your attention to this detail.

Marcel