koha-zebra

[Koha-zebra] Investigating zebra config files, a question

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-zebra] Investigating zebra config files, a question
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 17:57:00 +0100

Hello guys,

I'm trying to understand some things about zebra parameters, CQL,...

in CQL, you can write "title=*tower* and author=*tolkien*"
to find "the two towers, from JRR Tolkien".

The question now is : how did zebra know what is a "title" and what is an "author". Our zebra config files says (I mean in France, UNIMARC) :

> attset: bib1.att               <<<< bib-1 attributes are loaded
> attset: explain.att            <<<< not sure it is useful here
> recordType: grs.marc.unimarc   <<<<  loads unimarc.abs if I don't mind

(some useless lines removed)

unimarc.abs says :
> name unimarc
> reference Usmarc
> attset bib1.att
> tagset unimarc.tag

Then,
elm 700            Author                  -
elm 700/?          Author                  -
elm 700/?/a        Author                  !:w

Does that means the UNIMARC 700$a field is related to "Author" ? I bet yes.
And if I add
> elm 701            Author                  -
> elm 701/?          Author                  -
> elm 701/?/a        Author                  !:w

I say 701 is ALSO related to author.

Thus, "author" is translated to "Author" translated to "700$a or 701$a"

Am I right ?

The next question will be : If I want to provide records in another format, I will have to write a .map file
I investigate a little bit more, and come back with next question ;-)

(joshua/chris : if my idea is correct, we should be able to provide Dublin Core output in Koha 3.0 I bet ;-) )

--
Paul POULAIN