Re: Hurd on Mach on GNU/Linux (verion 0.0.0)

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: Hurd on Mach on GNU/Linux (verion 0.0.0)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:56:49 -0800

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 09:49:24AM -0500, John Tobey wrote:

> I definitely intend to hack with it.  One potential problem for using
> my work (assuming it becomes usable) in an effort to port the Hurd to
> L4 is that I am prefering Linux dependency to x86 dependency where I
> have such a choice.  However, I aim to keep both kinds to a minimum
> without needing to recompile userland Hurd code.

The biggest place where I see this could be cool is in testing the
portability of the Hurd code to multiple platforms.  If the Linux glue
code can be isolated enough, it might allow us to pre-test a sparc
port, so that all someone has to do is put the finishing touches on it
to make it boot.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
Abandon the search for truth; settle for a good fantasy.