RE: thread ids, task ids and subsystems

From: Volkmar Uhlig
Subject: RE: thread ids, task ids and subsystems
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 21:35:54 +0200

Depends. I plan to experiment with different locking schemes on HT
processors which may lead to completely different scheduling
abstractions for HT and real SMP, but this is still open. Therefore, yes
the cache line migration costs are lower, and no, you still may have to
migrate the thread and therefore potentially trigger an IPI.

- Volkmar