VESA in L4

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: VESA in L4
Date: 13 Aug 2003 23:59:13 +0200

Hi,

After reading the VESA(vbe3) specification I was a bit wondering if it
would be possible to use VESA when using L4 or GNUMach (to make a vesa
framebuffer for example).

In the VESA (vbe3) doc (http://www.vesa.org/vbelink.html, page 23) it
says that I need to create a 16 bit code segment selector (execute and
write permissions) to be able to run a part of the BIOS code in.

I know very little about L4 and kernels, but I think there needs to be
support in the kernel for this :). I couldn't find anything in the L4
reference guide about this. Is this possible with L4?
If not, will it be possible some day?

I think it isn't possible with GNUMach, if I'm from please tell me how
I can do that.

Thanks,
Marco