Re: physmem, simple containers

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: physmem, simple containers
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:29:43 +0100

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 03:54:53PM +0100, Niels Möller wrote:
> I first thought that wortel was responsible for starting task-server
> and rootfs.

This is the right picture.  Stick to that :)

> Then wortel has to map the task-server image into an
> address space and start a thread there.

No, it only has to map startup data/code into the new task.  From then on
the task is self-paged.  Of course, the startup code may opt to map it all
in at once, as doing paging in the task server might be insane.

Is that clearer?

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/