Re: Writing down design documents

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Writing down design documents
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:23:56 +0200

Scribit Marcus Brinkmann dies 14/04/2006 hora 16:07:
> You are running into open doors.

I know that, but my goal was also to propose to do some of the work
myself, and propose a collorative way to do the work, so some of us can
do it themselve too.

> While Neal has worked on a position paper, I have started a technical
> specification. Both things individually are very difficult to do,
> there are also some unsolved questions remaining.

OK, but it would be worth that some (or all?) the unresolved questions
be clearly identified. And some questions have been at least temporarily
addressed, and the (temporary) consensus on it should be easy to find.

> More importantly, neither of us currently has the time to pursue this
> full time or even part time.  Nothing can be done about it.  Hopefully
> I can make more time available later in summer, but the next two
> months look crowded, sorry.

That's why a collaborative process could help. Some of us can try to
summarize what has been said so far on the lists, and if it doesn't help
you two in the writing of your own documents, at least it will help us
and newcomers to grasp the situation.

Documentally,
Nowhere man
--