Re: Reliability of RPC services

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Reliability of RPC services
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 23:58:23 +0200

Scribit Michal Suchanek dies 24/04/2006 hora 17:58:
> > So in Marcus's scenario where C calls S which delegates to T, note
> > that S must not overwrite its capability until T replies. This
> > essentially defeats the purpose of delegation.
> I do not understand this. If it is a send-once capability, and S
> delegates it to T, how can S overwrite it? Since it has delegeted
> (moved) it to T it no longer possesses any copies that can be
> overwritten.

We have a serious communication problem here. Noone uses the same set of
definitions for capabilities in the discussion. Please state as
precisely as possible the type of capabilities you're thinking of in
your scenarios.

For the moment, we have:
- copyable vs. movable only
- reusable vs. send-once
- with drop/last drop notification or not

and I think nearly all the 12 combinations of these ones have been used
in the thread. That has become a misunderstanding nightmare.

Please please describe which caps you think of.

Combinatoricly,
Nowhere man
--
address@hidden