Re: Child killing UI (was Re: Reliability of RPC services)

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Child killing UI (was Re: Reliability of RPC services)
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 01:24:07 +0200

Scribit Marcus Brinkmann dies 28/04/2006 hora 00:59:
> I don't see a problem with providing users a process tree and the
> option attempt to kill parts of the tree, including leaf-nodes.

When something goes wrong in the browser, how does the global process
tree dialog fires up? In KDE or Windows XP, the user has to have prior
knwoledge on how to do this (respectively Ctrl+Esc and Ctrl+Alt+Del,
IIRC).

> A similar issue arises with authorising access to files via the
> powerbox: A browser could advise the user that access to a file is for
> a certain plugin only.

I'm not sure if the powerbox shoudl allow such potentially malicious
behaviour: if the resource is for a plugin, shouldn't the powerbox be
able to tell the user that the plugin indeed will be the recipient of
the capability?

If the browser will be the recipient, the powerbox should at least warn
the user that any reason given by the browser about the need for the
capability carries no guarantee.

Trustfully,
Nowhere man
--