Re: Restricted storage

From: Bas Wijnen
Subject: Re: Restricted storage
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:06:34 +0200

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 03:20:28PM +0200, Pierre THIERRY wrote:
> > > Then you break the Flexibility requirement. I don't see a valid
> > > reason to do so. If you want to break a requirement, you have to
> > > point out a strong need for it.
> > I did, but you cut it away:
>
> You don't agree that default should be opacity and then think that
> flexible permissions would not be so useful because they would result in
> leaks. I don't think that is pointing a strong need to break
> Flexibility, but YMMV.

Given the new explanation of Marcus, that "Flexibility" was actually an
attempt to say "User freedom" in more technical terms, I think it is a very
strong point.  Opacity costs user freedom.  Making it the default only to gain
"flexibility" is a very bad idea, if the whole point of being flexible is to
get user freedom.

Thanks,
Bas