ladcca-devel

[ladcca] ladcca and /etc/services

From: guenter geiger
Subject: [ladcca] ladcca and /etc/services
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:58:02 +0100 (CET)

Hi there,

The new LADCCA needs an entry in /etc/services.
Now, this is a bit a problem for me, as I am doing the debian package
and messing around in files outside the package is not that
straightforwared (I think this is against debian policy). So I thought
there might be a way to do without /etc/services.

Of course if I compile with --disable-serv-inst the system does not
work.

I found a way to get along without changing /etc/services,
which is using the portnumber instead of the "ladcca" service
in the getaddrinfo call.

My question:
 Is this an acceptable change, is there another way to use ladcca without
/etc/services or is there no way around adding the entry ?

Thanks for listening,

Guenter