libcdio-devel

[Libcdio-devel] can files in UDF be fragmented?

From: Shaya Potter
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] can files in UDF be fragmented?
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 02:02:41 -0400

I'm just wondering if a file in a UDF file system can be fragmented?

i.e. if I know the start block of a file is X and that the files is Y blocks long, am I guaranteed that the file is then stored from X->X+Y-1?

from reading the code, it seems that's what the code assumes, but don't know 1) if my reading of the code is correct and 2) even if my reading is correct, if it's possible for the code to be wrong (just in practice doesn't impact much?)

just wondering, as i'm mostly reading the disk straight, not through libudf, just using it to get where I believe the file is delimited, but wondering if my assumption of non fragments is correct. Mostly brought about by a a DVD that I see that has a bunch of 0 length files located in what I'd assume to be the location of a longer file.