libcdio-help

[Libcdio-help] reading the whole 2352 bytes from every type of sector

From: Matheus Izvekov
Subject: [Libcdio-help] reading the whole 2352 bytes from every type of sector
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:14:13 -0300

Hi. I'm currently working on an emulator project thats supposed to
read psx cdroms, and i want to do away with the cdrom plugins and just
use libcdio. I need to be able to read the whole 2352 bytes of a
sector, and occasionally the 96 bytes of subchannel data. However,
the only way to do that that im aware of is the mmc_read_cd function.
However, it doesnt seem to work on image files, even though the bin
file contains the whole data that is needed. Is that something I'm
able to do with this library, or i should reconsider my conversion and
revert back to one home-coded plugin for every device?