libcdio-help

[Libcdio-help] Copying a file from a DVD to local storage

From: Syed Ahsan
Subject: [Libcdio-help] Copying a file from a DVD to local storage
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 01:18:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I am using libcdio-0.82. And was trying to copy a file from a DVD to local
storage.

I used isofile1.c and isofile2.c codes given in the example folder to
generate a code that is supposed to do the required job. The code is working
fine for CDs and even with DVDs for files which lie between lsn #0 to lsn
#leadout-track.

So,
1) Does libcdio works for DVDs ? .. as some codes which provide info for the
disk, like track.c and even my code (for some cases) was working for DVDs.
2) Is there a way that I can achieve the same functionality using libcdio
only, or should I use libdvdread or some other library ?
3) I also tried using udf (examples/udffile.c, which came bundled with
libcdio), as DVDs have UDF filesystem. But it only works for images that are
of UDF format. Can it be changed to read directly from DVD. ( I looked into
the udf_open code, it was using cdio_open, so I passed NULL as an argument
to udf_open for it to read from disk, but it gave some error. )

Thanks in anticipation.

--
Ahsan