libconf-dev

Re: [Libconf-dev] Getting started with sample applications?

From: dams
Subject: Re: [Libconf-dev] Getting started with sample applications?
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:37:32 +0200

"Brian J. Murrell" <address@hidden> said:

> Hi all,
>
> I was just trying to get started by trying to run the
> applications/netconfig/netconfig application and ran into a problem or
> two.
>
> First of all, is there a way (a bootstrap of some kind) to run Libconf
> all self-contained in the CVS sandbox (i.e. without having run "make
> install")?  It would just be so much easier to hack and test rather than
> hack-install-test, hack-install-test...
>
> When I did try to make install from perl-Libconf, I got an error because
> there is no make install in GUI.
>
> Additionally, when I dealt with the above error, I was getting:
>
> "generators" is not exported by the Libconf::GUI::Gtk2 module
> Can't continue after import errors at applications/netconfig/netconfig line 29
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at applications/netconfig/netconfig line 29.
>
> trying to run the netconfig app.

Sorry about all this, I whanged some makefile rules to build a seperat gui rpm,
I must have messed things up. I forgot to commit the GUI Makefil :). I commit
it right now. I also forgot to commit typos in netconfig. This seems strange,
because I don't usualy forget to commit things... Maybe the cvs werdeness of
theses days on savannah messed some stuff...

Ok, now everything is commited, here is the procedure to be able to test
without installing :

go into perl-Libconf and run 'make check'.

This will print a lot of stuff. I didn't finish the script to say if there was
actually errors while running make check. Don't pay attention to this line :

* testing XF86Config : TEST N°1 FAILED

because XF86Config has to be modified to the new template syntax.

When you have run make check, it has done the needed links in the perl-Libconf
tree. you can then go into application/netconfig, and run test.pl (it's a one
liner that tells perl to use the libs in perl-Libconf rather than
/usr/lib/...).

test.pl launchs netconfig, but you can do the same for smbconfig.

Hope it'll work.

--
dams