liberty-eiffel

Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Bell Release Candidate 2

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Bell Release Candidate 2
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 23:38:29 +0200

So, I gave it a try and for me it looks good at the first sight.
example7 doesn't hang in case I move the split view

example 7 also closes fine for me - interesting is, that with BDW GC
also example 5 terminates fine... It might be related to some dispose
features, which you seem to use extensively, you even do memory
allocations which is not a good idea. Note: s := "xxx" is already an
allocation of a STRING object... you might want to add once before the
manifest strings. And it seems, that the IUP wrapper relies on the call
of dispose. This is not a good design, as it is non-deterministic when
it is called - you not even sure that it is called. Extrem example would
be compile with -no_gc.

So far for today.

Regards,
Rapha