libffcall

Re: [Libffcall] repository moved from cvs to git

From: Don Cohen
Subject: Re: [Libffcall] repository moved from cvs to git
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 01:01:23 +0000

Bruno Haible writes:

 > > I gather that in order to retrieve the code, something like this:
 > > git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/libffcall.git
ok, did this (at least on one machine)
looks like updates are retrived by changing clone to pull

 > Yes, and then turn to the 'README-hacking' part. In a few days, the

so now I do

./autogen.sh
 ret=$?; mv configure.ac-save configure.ac; exit $ret; \
}
/bin/sh: line 2: aclocal-1.15: command not found
Makefile.maint:111: recipe for target 'aclocal.m4' failed
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 127

I'm using fedora 24 which uses dnf and it seems that
I can't just do
 dnf provides aclocal
(I can but it doesn't find anything)
It seems I need the path where this missing command will be
installed in order to find the package that provides it!

Net search suggests automake, after installing that:

autoconf-2.69
make: autoconf-2.69: Command not found
Makefile.maint:124: recipe for target 'configure' failed
make: *** [configure] Error 127

I have autoconf and
$ autoconf -V
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69

So am I supposed to ln /usr/bin/autoconf /usr/bin/autoconf-2.69 ?

Well, that caused it to get further:

do bash -x -n $f; done
srcdir=`pwd`; cd avcall && autoheader-2.69 --include="$srcdir"
/bin/sh: autoheader-2.69: command not found
Makefile.maint:140: recipe for target 'avcall/config.h.in' failed
make: *** [avcall/config.h.in] Error 127

So now ln again for autoheader
and it gets down to
./autogen.sh: done.  Now you can run './configure'.

and from there the rest seems to have worked.

 > build will require lots of cross-compilers. You can work with a
 > tarball from me, this is probably
 > easier. http://www.haible.de/bruno/gnu/libffcall-1.13-20170202.tar.gz

My nightly builds look for updates for clisp but I've always thought
of libffcall and libsigsegv as constants.
Should I be trying to update those every night also?
Where do I get updates to libsigsegv ?

 > > make[1]: Entering directory '/root/ffcall/trampoline'
 > > ./test1
 > > trampoline: cannot make memory executable
 >
 > Thanks for the reminder about this problem. It should be fixed now, both in
 > git
 > and in the tarball.

Since make check now reports that test1 passed, I guess it's fixed.

Thanks.