libffcall

Re: [Libffcall] repository moved from cvs to git

From: Don Cohen
Subject: Re: [Libffcall] repository moved from cvs to git
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 21:16:40 +0000

Bruno Haible writes:
 > Hi Don,
 >
 > > It's not clear to me what I'm supposed to do at this point.
 > > Do I have to build cross compilers if I just want to compile for the
 > > current platform?
 >
 > If you just want to compile for the current platform, take a tarball -
 > for example the one here:
 >   http://www.haible.de/bruno/gnu/libffcall-20170211.tar.gz

But that's not very good for nightly checking for changes and rebuilding.
Perhaps your view is that I should never check for updates?

 > I thought people would read the comments at the top of
 > cross-tools/cross-build.sh...

ok, you might mention that in README-hacking.
In fact, it seems that README should tell you what you need
(possibly where to look for more) - I gather autogen was required
but it's not mentioned there.

After installing stuff and setting (and creating) the cross dir

  $ cross-tools/cross-build.sh cross
  cross-tools/cross-build.sh: line 197: cross.in: No such file or directory

It wasn't clear whether this was what I should try to do first.

cross.in seems not to be mentioned before line 197

I also tried
    $ cross-tools/cross-build.sh all
    cross-tools/cross-build.sh: line 197: cross.in: No such file or directory
    cross-tools/cross-build.sh: line 110: cross.conf: No such file or directory
    cross-tools/cross-build.sh: line 482: cross.conf: No such file or directory

Finally tried this from the cross-tools directory and it seems to have
worked.

I also tried autogen.sh again, ended with

    make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'avcall-i386-macro.S', needed by
'avcall-i386-msvc.c'.  Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory '/root/libffcall/avcall'
    Makefile.maint:15: recipe for target 'all' failed
    make: *** [all] Error 2