[libmicrohttpd] Comments and Questions on Features from a Newbie

From: Michael Lenaghan
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Comments and Questions on Features from a Newbie
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 21:30:45 -0400

Hello.

I just plugged libmicrohttpd into an app this weekend. Thank you! The
process was pretty smooth, and it seems to be working quite well. I'm
still poking around, but I have a few questions and comments.

 * It would be helpful (I think) if defaults for the various options
were documented--eg, MHD_OPTION_CONNECTION_LIMIT,
MHD_OPTION_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT, etc. (I can read the code to find the
defaults; I'm just suggesting it would be useful to state what the
defaults are. Of course, I might have simply missed them...)

 * Why are no header defines for cookies? I understand the alternate
interfaces available, but still--shouldn't there be MHD_HTTP_HEADER_
macros defined...? Or is that, um, very strong encouragement to avoid
the headers?

 * Why is there no query string in the content callback? I understand
the alternate interface there too, and I understand that there's a
"URL log" callback, but wouldn't it make sense to simply pass the
query string as a parameter? (I'm plugging into a scripting language
and that seems to be the way of things for many scripting languages.)

 * Why is the content callback called twice with pos = 0? Is that a
bug or is that a sanity check by the library? (I also noticed that
buffers were fixed at 2k but it looks like that was recently reported
and fixed.)

 * Should the file server example check for EINTR on an error return from fread?

Thanks,
Michael.