Re: [libmicrohttpd] libmicrohttpd-0.4.4 on Windows

From: Nils Durner
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] libmicrohttpd-0.4.4 on Windows
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 17:39:45 +0100

Yes, I think it has to be. What other options would there be for gcc on Windows?

There are no others I'm aware of.

If you don't need SSL for a test run, I could send you the "special"
build I made for GNUnet.

I don't use SSL, so that would be fine; in fact it would be preferred.

OK, here it is: de.gnunet.org/download/MHD-0.4.4-no-ssl.zip

But I think Christian will have to consider a new release with the
change I suggested. If all of that code really is running during
DllMain() it's bad news.

I'll look into this later. I agree that problems are difficult to diagnose that way, but I haven't seen any problems *caused* by this so far.

Nils, would it be possible to post steps for compiling libmicrohttpd
under MinGW?

There's nothing special about it. I compiled the last official release with
./bootstrap && CFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=pentium -march=pentium -s" ./configure --disable-https --prefix= --enable-messages && make install
(bootstrap is not part of the source tarball, we only have it in SVN)

(Btw, when I compiled plibc 0.1.5 last night it looked
like there was a missing link option for libintl.

Interesting. Can you send me more information about that?

And my dll ended up
rather large because "shortcut.cc" has a ".cc" extension, which
triggered compilation as C++. That then linked in the C++ runtime.)

There's no way around that, unfortunately. It uses COM interfaces to read Windows shortcuts, this functionality is not exported by any other API AFAIK.

Thanks,

Nils