Re: [libmicrohttpd] Problems with SSL/TLS

From: Alexander Antimonov
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Problems with SSL/TLS
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 02:03:26 +0200

I had the same issue some time ago.

I used Windows XP, libmicrohttpd (from svn >= 0.4.3) and couple of browsers to test how my server worked.
The server uses MHD_USE_THREAD_PER_CONNECTION.

I was not able to get answer from the server with IE 6.0 at all.
I did not try Chrome, but Firefox (3.0) started to work after some trick was applied to my system. And seems it started to work after I've disabled a built-in windows firewall; I can't recall exactly what the trick was.

Jesse Anderton wrote:
I have just started using libmicrohttpd, and can't seem to get the SSL
support working.
Google Chrome 4.0.249.30:
Error: Handshake has failed (-28)
Error: Handshake has failed (-28)
Error: unrecognized TLS message type: 0, connection state: secure
connection init. l: 254, f: MHD_tls_connection_handle_read

Mozilla Firefox 3.5.5:
Error: unrecognized TLS message type: 128, connection state: secure
connection init. l: 254, f: MHD_tls_connection_handle_read

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0:
Error: unrecognized TLS message type: 128, connection state: secure
connection init. l: 254, f: MHD_tls_connection_handle_read

Note that -28 is the value of GNUTLS_E_AGAIN.

Can anyone offer a hand?

Thanks for your time,

Jesse Anderton