Re: [libmicrohttpd] Patch to improve IPv6 support in libmicrohttpd

From: Steinar H. Gunderson
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Patch to improve IPv6 support in libmicrohttpd
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 21:45:09 +0100

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 02:31:46PM +0100, Christian Grothoff wrote:
>   d4 = MHD_start_daemon (MHD_USE_SELECT_INTERNALLY | MHD_USE_DEBUG,
>                        atoi (argv[1]),
>                        NULL, NULL, &ahc_echo, PAGE,
>                        MHD_OPTION_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT, (unsigned int) 120,
>                        MHD_OPTION_END);
>   d6 = MHD_start_daemon (MHD_USE_SELECT_INTERNALLY | MHD_USE_DEBUG |
> MHD_USE_IPv6,
>                         atoi (argv[1]),
>                         NULL, NULL, &ahc_echo, PAGE,
>                       MHD_OPTION_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT, (unsigned int) 120,
>                       MHD_OPTION_END);

FWIW, I gave this some thought, and then realized it's not really a drop-in
replacement; you end up potentially receiving calls from two threads instead
of one, which means that you'll suddenly need to care about locking a lot
more data structures.

Of course, if your code was already thread-per-connection, it won't change
much.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/