[libmicrohttpd] Issue with response processing in 0.9.38

From: Nikhil Saraf
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Issue with response processing in 0.9.38
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 08:55:11 +0530

Earlier, I was using 0.9.25 version of MHD and requests were getting successfully processed by MHD. For instance, a POST request was getting successful and "HTTP/1.1 201 Created" response was being generated.

Recently, I upgraded to MHD 0.9.38 and ever since I did that, I've started to observe some issues with MHD while sending responses back to the client.

When we send multiple requests on a single connection in synchronized manner, MHD encounters a fatal internal error and calls panic function set by MHD_set_panic_func(), during response processing. There is no specific occurrence pattern for this problem - sometimes it occurs only after 4-5 requests and sometimes after 100.

Logs suggest that problem occurred during execution of  MHD_queue_response() function which resulted in calling MHD_set_panic_func () and it indicates reason behind fatal error at connection.c :906.

At client side, instead of "HTTP/1.1 201 Created", following HTTP header is being received:

"Continuation or non-HTTP traffic".

Please suggest if it's a bug? Or is there any extra handling that I need to add?

Thanks,

Nikhil.