libqtlua-list

Re: [Libqtlua-list] Compilation Warnings in QtLua

From: Alexandre Becoulet
Subject: Re: [Libqtlua-list] Compilation Warnings in QtLua
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 00:16:30 +0100

On Tuesday, March 01, 2011 03:13:43 pm you wrote:

Hi,

> sorry about taking to long to answer these issues. I was fixing this
> warnings but I think these warnings are errors in your code.
>
> Please, see these two snippets extracted from QtLua code:
>
> - In /QtLua/qtluavalue.hxx:112 I think you mistyped _st(_st) instead of
> _st(st). Am I correct?
>
>   Value::Value(lua_State *st, ValueType type)
>     : _st(_st)
>   {
>     init_type_value(type);
>   }

You are right this code is buggy. Fortunately it's a private member function
and is actually never used. I will remove this dead code.

> - In QtLua/qtluaref.hh:404 and QtLua/qtluaref.hh:396 I think the
> implementation is missing.
>
>     /** This function is called when reference count has just increased.
>
> @param Count new reference count.
>     */
>     virtual void ref_inc(int count)
>     {
>     }
>
>     /** This functions is called when reference count has just decreased.
>
> @param Count new reference count.
>     */
>     virtual void ref_drop(int count)
>     {
>     }

These are default (empty) implementations of virtual functions which
can be reimplemented in subclasses. Everything is fine here.
I still have to use Q_UNUSED though.

Thanks for your report and interest in the project.

--
Alexandre