libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] T400 advise

From: Andreas Kuss
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] T400 advise
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 14:20:37 +0200

Dear Francis and all T400/ hi-res panel owners,

Thanks for the workaround. I can confirm that it is working! Finally I can use
my libreboot T400.
Fortunately I could do the software flash, so I didn't have to take my laptop
apart once more. I did the flashing two times because I made a mistake at
first.

I changed the register "gfx.lvds_dual_channel" = "1" in
libreboot_src/coreboot/src/mainboard/lenovo/t400/devicetree.cb and then I
recompiled libreboot. I think this way I must have overwritten the change
because in the end there was no change. So I tried a second time starting with
changing the register and then starting with ./build roms withgrub t400_8mb.
Like described I inserted my MAC address and copied the ROM file to
libreboot_utils and did the flashing again.

It worked. Currently I am using Trisquel 7 but I will try Parabola soon,
because that's what I've been using before (libreboot).

Until now I've been using an old VGA monitor in order to use my T400. When I
installed Trisquel I didn't have a wireless connection although I configured
everything correctly. It took me almost an hour (stupid, I know) to notice
that the time and date setting was set almost a 150 years in the future. I
don't know anymore why this was the case but setting the correct time and date
led to an immediate internet connection.

Thanks again and hopefully this will encourage those with a high resolution
panel to try out.

I still have only the last third of the gnu and penguin as a boot screen (I
really like the image) but the important thing is that I can work with it!

Cheers
Andreas