libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] Could someone please help me unbrick?

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Could someone please help me unbrick?
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 16:21:34 -0500

Albin <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear libreboot users,
>
> I'm in the unfortunate situation of sitting with two bricked T60 and one
> macbook2,1 since more than a year. I have the required unbricking
> equipment: a BeagleBone Black (rev. c), a pomona 5250 clip and cables. I
> just can't figure out how to attach the wires.
>
> I know there is a table on "How to program an SPI flash chip with the
> BeagleBone Black" (http://libreboot.org/docs/install/bbb_setup.html) but
> I simply don't understand it. It's not at all clear to me what should be
> connected to what.
>
> Could someone please explain this to me, improve the current
> documentation or even provide a link to documentation elsewhere?
>
> I'd *really* appreciate help with this. One of the computers is for a
> family member this Grav-Mas.

You need to take the clip, and connect it to the BBB
(http://beagleboard.org/Support/bone101#headers) according to the
numbers in the section "Connecting the Pomona 5250/5252" of
http://libreboot.org/docs/install/bbb_setup.html.

The result will look something like the photos I've attached (which is
how it looks when I do it). Also, if you you find the numbering
confusing, try to use the same colors as you find in the photos
(especially for GND and VCC.)

What part exactly is the problem?