libreboot

[Libreboot] Detection of drives with x200 ultrabase

From: Louis Delmas
Subject: [Libreboot] Detection of drives with x200 ultrabase
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 22:51:52 +0100

Hi,

My system is a x200 with libreboot 20150518 (encrypted ssd)
I use a dock (x200 ultrabase) with an additionnal HDD which is also
encrypted.

My problem is that when I boot (after a shutdown) the password for the
hdd (in the doc) is asked first, and then grub does not find the ssd
(in the thinkpad). So the system cannot start.

Then, if I reboot from grub command line, the password for the
hdd (in the dock) is still asked first and then grub finds the ssd (in
the thinkpad). I enter the password and the system boots.

So in order to boot I have to start the computer one time, just to do a
reboot in order for grub to find both drives.

I use "cryptomount -a", I tried putting the name of the ssd but it is
still undetected on the first boot.

Do you have an idea how to get grub to detect both drives at once after
a shutdown ?

If I start without the dock, then everythink is fine.

Cheers

Louis

--
GPG Public key rsa4096/0x1D567BC42DF1E1EA
Fingerprint = 9EE9 F130 F7AE 076D D63B 5AF8 1D56 7BC4 2DF1 E1EA