libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] I can not boot using USB with iso non-UEFI,

From: Will Hill
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] I can not boot using USB with iso non-UEFI,
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 01:29:09 -0500

So, I tried this out with a Debian Lenny boot USB and can say it has nothing
to do with UEFI.   It was a bit flaky, because the stick is, but it worked.
Pressing the USB parse seems to wake up the stick/USB socket.  It eventually
found grub and displayed it as the last menu item.  Choosing it booted the
stick.  This was the first time I'd used that stick in six years, but it
worked.

It seemed to work better with the USB socket next to the CPU fan.