libreboot

Re: [Libreboot] I can not boot using USB with iso non-UEFI,

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] I can not boot using USB with iso non-UEFI,
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 08:18:01 +0200

On Thu, 12 May 2016 19:41:15 +0200
Albin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, I've had the same problem and it had nothing to do with the USB
> drive or the port.
>
> Albin
I'm not sure that Debian fully supports UEFI, it might only support the
version without.

As how UEFI enabled iso might interact with libreboot, it's might be
because of the efifb driver:
I've deactivated it on my computer, but if you use grub directly
(without SeaBIOS and Seavgarom), the efifb driver might pick your
coreboot framebuffer.

Denis.