libreboot

[Libreboot] X60 constantly overheating and shutting down.

From: bard
Subject: [Libreboot] X60 constantly overheating and shutting down.
Date: Sun, 29 May 2016 21:25:44 +0000

I'm not sure if this is Libreboot related or not, but I don't know where
else to ask. I have a Libreboot-ed X60 running Trisquel 7. I really don't
do anything intense on it, 90% of the time I just have Icecat and a
terminal open. Sometimes I run I2P, which does not take that much CPU
according to the CPU monitor I put in the task bar. I am constantly
monitoring it because I've become so paranoid of overheats. Regardless of
how much I don't stress my CPU the X60 it still keeps overheating and
shutting down. The bottom side, especially around where the speaker, RAM
and heatsink are, get far too hot to touch without causing pain. This is
becoming too much of a problem, I can't get any work done before it shuts
down. Before that point my legs will start to get burned if the X60 is in
my lap. I run a command every time I boot the system to set the fan stay on
it's highest level, but even working at full speed it cannot dissipate the
heat. I don't know what else to do. Can anybody here help me, please? Thank
you for reading.