libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] Humble Bundle

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] Humble Bundle
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 22:56:51 -0400

On Thursday, October 16 2014, Laurel L. Russwurm wrote:

> I don't know who all is here, but I feel very strongly about the
> Humble Bundle issue, and so I'm sharing the link to the blog I posted
> today, since I think its a pretty LibrePlanet issue; but if everyone
> subscribed is in the Fediverse, so this might be a repeat:

Thanks, Laurel.  I am here, and a few other people interested in this
topic as well, so you are very welcome to post your thoughts here!

>    Why I Don't Support the Humble Bundle
>
> http://laurelrusswurm.wordpress.com/2014/10/16/why-i-dont-support-the-humble-bundle/

BTW, I did not know about Humble Indie Bundle before.  I am not a gamer
myself (disappointing some of my computer friends), and I confess I was
not much aware of Free Culture's issues before I came to Canada and
talked to you and Blaise.  Actually, I think Blaise will like this post
of yours :-).

Anyway, I do agree that Free Culture is as important as Free Software,
and they should live together.  I fight directly for the latter, mostly
because I am more involved with it in my day, but I also care a lot
about the former, and would like to attentd some event about it, of
course.

BTW, that reminds me that I still have to read a lot about the topic
:-).  So thanks again for letting us know about your post!

Cheers,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36