libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] January meetup?

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] January meetup?
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 13:31:36 -0500

On Thursday, January 01 2015, Blaise Alleyne wrote:

> On 30/12/14 12:20 PM, Rudolf wrote:
>> When's a good week or day for a meetup?
>
> Right now, I could do evenings on...
>
> - Tues Jan 6
> - Thurs Jan 8
> - Tues Jan 20
> - Tues Jan 27
> - Thurs Jan 29
>
> I'd prefer the end of the month, Jan 27 or 29.

Hey, sorry about the delay...

I will be traveling from Jan 27th to Feb 3rd, so unfortunately the end
of the month is not a good option for me :-/.

> (Tues Jan 13 is GTALUG)

Are you guys planning to attend again?

>> I'm thinking we get a presentation
>> happening, as practice for presenting at other ally groups.
>>
>> I heard Blaise likes to present about OwnCloud and Sergio likes to present
>> about
>> how gdb and emacs spread freedom ;-)

Haha :-).  Yeah, it would be great to present something about GDB,
though I would also like to talk about Free Software in general.

> That's not a bad idea, though we should also leave some time for planning next
> steps.

Yep, agreed.  And I know I am at fault; I've been busy and distracted by
other things, sorry.  I will set up our web page soon.

> If we do a presentation though, we might need a different venue than a pub?

Yeah, I think so.  I have no idea where, though.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 0x65FC5E36