libreplanet-ca-on

[lp-ca-on] Assembly.com shutting down

From: Rudolf Olah
Subject: [lp-ca-on] Assembly.com shutting down
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 19:33:41 +0000 (UTC)

http://assembly.com is shutting down

Their idea was to build a company around a product for building "community-owned" software and for all the software they would make it easier for the creators to get paid.

All of the products are available here: https://github.com/asm-products

I've only checked a few of the repos but it looks like their license is AGPLv3. I'm hoping that this has raised the awareness of non-MIT licenses for web developers and that others are more willing to share their code and support free software.

It'll be nice to use more than just Wordpress as an example of GPL'd software ;-)

-Rudolf

Full text of their shutdown announcement:

--
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com