libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] March Mumble Meeting

From: Bob Jonkman
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] March Mumble Meeting
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 01:01:02 -0400

Sorry we missed you, Reid.  And everyone else too!

I've put up the audio, including the raw .wav file (547 MBytes!!!),
converted it to .ogg (36 MBytes, whew!) and some .ogg files in which I
removed the silent pauses and tried to remove some of the noise (which
mostly existed only on the audio when I was speaking).

They're all available at
https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:LibrePlanet_Ontario/Meeting_Notes#24_March_2016

The text channel is there too, but the timestamps will only match the
full-length audio recordings, naturally.

I should have declared a CC-BY (or even CC-0) in the metadata, but
forgot. Maybe someone can update the wiki page if it's urgent and/or
important.

- --Bob.

On 2016-03-23 03:39 PM, Reid Ellis wrote:
> It’s interesting that gnu.org itself doesn’t use a Free Culture
> license. From what I can tell (via
> <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0>) that means using one
> of: CC BY 4.0 CC BY-SA 4.0 So I’ll go for CC BY 4.0 if that’s ok
> with everyone. I’ll start recording before we leave (around 5pm)
> and stop when we get home (around 11pm). Obviously I’ll edit it
> down to get rid of silences.
>
> Reid
>
> On Wed Mar 23 2016, at 14:59 , Bob Jonkman <address@hidden>
> wrote: I don't mind being recorded either, and would prefer a Free
> Culture license too.
>
> --Bob.

- --

Bob Jonkman <address@hidden> Phone: +1-519-635-9413
SOBAC Microcomputer Services http://sobac.com/sobac/
Software --- Office & Business Automation --- Consulting