libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] March Mumble Meeting

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] March Mumble Meeting
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 13:18:09 -0400

On Wednesday, March 23 2016, Blaise Alleyne wrote:

> On 23/03/16 10:01 AM, Reid Ellis wrote:
>> Long-time lurker, first time poster here. :-)
>>

> Welcome!

Welcome, too :-).

>> Any chance the mumble meeting can be/is recorded so that we lurking masses
>> can
>> listen to them later? [...] If there is no recording, is it ok to leave
>> myself connected, recording audio? I
>> could upload the (ogg encoded!) recording to archive.org later.
>
> *shrugs* I don't mind? Whether or not it can be recorded via Mumble would be a
> Sergio question I guess.
>
> I imagine as long as everyone in the meeting knows it's being recorded, it's
> not
> a problem?

I don't mind as well.

The Mumble desktop client can record the conversations, and it's even
smart enough to offer recording all in one track or each person in its
own track.  It's very nice for podcasts, TBH (I honestly don't
understand why people still use Skype for this, but that's another
question...).

So yeah, you're welcome to leave your client connected and record, if
you want.  And while at it, if someone else wants to record as well,
feel free to do so.

>> I guess I would use the same CC
>> BY-ND 4.0 license that GNU uses <https://audio-video.gnu.org/audio/>?
>>

> My vote would be for a libre license, like CC BY or BY-SA.

Agreed.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36