libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] Fw: [gnu.org #1158584] The path to free

From: Bob Jonkman
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] Fw: [gnu.org #1158584] The path to free
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 17:34:31 -0400

Hello Leya! Welcome to LibrePlanet Ontario!

At this time there aren't many active members in the LibrePlanet Ontario
chapter, and we're scattered across southern Ontario: Toronto,
Kitchener, Owen Sound, Niagara Fall, and now Cornwall!

Unfortunately, you've just missed our monthly meeting, in which we use a
Mumble voice chat server to talk with each other for an hour or so. You
can catch up with recordings of previous meetings at
http://podcasts.libreplanet.ca/ I hope you can join us next month, 24
November at 9:00pm.

You can join us on Internet Relay Chat, #lp-ca-on on the freenode.net
server. You can use the Web interface at
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23lp-ca-on Most of us are idlers,
we join the channel but don't actively chat or even monitor it. But if
you type a user name (I'm BobJonkman) it'll send an alert and that
someone will respond (if they're at the computer).

I've learned from someone orginally from Brockville that there are no
GNU/Linux User Groups (LUGs) in your corner of Ontario, but with the
reach of the Internet you can join any other LUG.  The Greater Toronto
Area LUG http://gtalug.org/ , Bruce/Grey LUG http://bglug.ca/ and the
Kitchener-Waterloo LUG http://kwlug.org/ are full of people who may be
able to provide informal tech support through the LUG's mailing lists.

Welcome!

- --Bob.

On 2016-10-26 01:31 PM, Empress Pyra wrote:
> Hello Libre Planet Ontario. Enclosed you'll find a thread of a local Ontarian
> looking for some answers. I sent this message to the general help email of
> Gnu and they gave me a set of links that helped me track down groups like you
> in my area.
>
> I live in the municipality of Cornwall, Roughly one hour South East of
> Ottawa. Finding out if there are LIbre resources available in my locality
> would be highly helpfull.
>
> Leya
>

> Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), Swiss-based encrypted email.
> Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.