libreplanet-ca-qc

Re: [Libreplanet-ca-qc] Achat d'un ordinateur - Montr éal

From: Fabian Rodriguez
Subject: Re: [Libreplanet-ca-qc] Achat d'un ordinateur - Montr éal
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 18:22:28 +0200

On 2013-05-25 18:10, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> My son Geoffrey just bought a Thinkpad X230T, shipped all the way from
> China.  It came with Windows 7 on it, and was certified for Ubuntu.
> Of course he immediately installed Ubuntu, and kept Windows for games.

Keep in mind the X230T Ubuntu-certified model systems may have a
different set of components than the same Windows-preinstalled model, so
when you're buying a machine that is certified but with Windows
installed, it may not have the components you think it does.

The same applies to many webcams - same model # and make, different
SKY/components. Fun!

F.

--
Fabián Rodríguez