Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Access to Hardware (was: GA

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Access to Hardware (was: GAMING COLLECTIVE: Anybody play Ryzom?)
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 15:01:21 -0400

    * I would like to hear Richard Stallman's thoughts on
      this considering his fight against passwords and
      administrative accounts/groups during his MIT years.
      "Because I don't believe that it's really desirable
      to have security on a computer, I shouldn't be
      willing to help uphold the security regime." --

Maintaining security on a shared computer works like
a police state.  However, nowadays people use personal computers
which don't raise the same issue.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation