Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Access to Hardware (was: GA

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free as in Freedom Access to Hardware (was: GAMING COLLECTIVE: Anybody play Ryzom?)
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:44:46 -0400

The questions you've raised are very abstract -- I don't think in
those terms.

I am not opposed to capitalism as such, and I don't think that the
surveillance imposed of ISPs is the result of their capitalistic
nature.  It comes from the state, sometimes at the behest of the
copyright companies, sometimes for other state purposes.

If a few users share a piece of hardware, I don't see any problem in
that.  However, a large activity to make hardware for many users seems
rather similar to having a company make the hardware.  It isn't
necessarily bad, but bad things can happen.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation