Re: [libreplanet-discuss] review respect of code of conduct on Mancheste

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] review respect of code of conduct on Manchester FAQ
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:12:16 -0500

El 01/08/12 15:18, Thomas Harding escribió:
On 01/08/2012 19:36, Quiliro Ordóñez wrote:
El 01/08/12 11:25, Mark Holmquist escribió:

That is a good idea. The document now gives the impression that using Debian is good for freedom. It is important to make it clear in each section that Debian does not have a clear policy for freedom yet.

I can't bear this flamewar FSF vs Debian

It is not a flamewar....at least from my part. I am not an FSF member either.

Perhaps my words would be more clearly understandable as:
"...Debian does not have an FSF compilant policy for freedom yet."

I made the assumption that LibrePlanet 's policy was clear among the people on this list: "The free software movement is first and foremost a social movement, so please be sure to have read our critical documents and understand our core philosophy....talking about free software rather than open source, and encouraging people to try distributions that are fully committed to freedom." I thought of the official position of LibrePlanet as "the clear position". I am sorry if this mistake has caused the perception of a flame war. In any case, there is no need to start one.

--
Saludos libres,

Quiliro Ordóñez
Presidente
Asociación de Software Libre del Ecuador - ASLE
Av de la Prensa N58-219 y Cristóbal Vaca de Castro
Quito, Ecuador
(593)2-253 5534
(593)2-340 1517
(593)8-454 8078