Re: [libreplanet-discuss] The FSF Allows No Derivatives,

From: rysiek
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] The FSF Allows No Derivatives,
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 23:31:12 +0200

Dnia niedziela, 26 kwietnia 2015 12:05:25 Will Hill pisze:
> A dishonest person will lie about endorsement, so I don't see that as
> adequate protection against misrepresentation.

A dishonest person will also ignore -ND. How is that a solution, then?

> Do you have a way to solve that problem?

The same solution as for the misattribution problem: anti-fraud laws.
Copyright is not the right tool here, for any of these.

> Is anyone outside of a big publisher really advocating, "the bludgeon of
> completely blocking anything that lacks permission."?

Is this actually relevant? Even if it's "big publishers" who start blocking
"unauthorized translations" of RMS, does that make it any worse or better?

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Zmieniam klucz GPG :: http://rys.io/pl/147