Re: [libreplanet-discuss] programming language package manager

From: Fabio Pesari
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] programming language package manager
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 17:16:43 +0200

Just by chance, I came across a seemingly unrelated (and a bit old)
article which lists pros and cons of various package managers ([0]).
According to it, PyPI (Python), RubyGems (Ruby), NPM and Bower
(JavaScript) and Lein (Clojure) allow packages without any explicit
licensing info into their repositories. That's almost all major package
repositories!

Since those packages would be proprietary, I would assume they allow
packages with explicitly proprietary licensing terms as well.

[0]:
https://blog.versioneye.com/2014/01/15/which-programming-language-has-the-best-package-manager/