[libreplanet-discuss] Update on freeyourstuff.cc (content/user liberatio

From: Erik Moeller
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Update on freeyourstuff.cc (content/user liberation)
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 15:15:05 -0700

Hi folks,

https://freeyourstuff.cc/ is a free/libre web service &
Chrome/Chromium extension which lets you download contributions you've
made to proprietary websites, and release them under a free license. I
posted about it here three weeks ago, and have since made lots of
little changes and fixes.

You can now see all the data that's been liberated so far, here:

https://freeyourstuff.cc/browse [*]

Thanks to everyone who's played with it so far. If you've written
reviews for Yelp, TripAdvisor, IMDB, or Amazon.com, I'd encourage you
to give it a spin.

I've not published to the Chrome web store yet, so for now you'll need
to follow the install instructions at:

https://freeyourstuff.cc/

Poke me via email or on IRC (see below) if you're having trouble.

I'll publish the first official version next week. Bug reports are
very much appreciated. I'm also still looking for folks willing to run
mirrors of the liberated data (it's easy!):

https://freeyourstuff.cc/mirrors

Thanks & hope to see you on #freeyourstuff on irc.freenode.net :)

Warmly,

Erik

[*] Right now the site still requires JavaScript; I'll gradually make
as much of it work without JS as I can (help always appreciated!).