Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Videos from LibrePlanet

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Videos from LibrePlanet
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 15:12:06 -0300

> If slides are meant to be free to share (under a CC ShareAlike license),
> they should be posted in a source format, such as ODP. I assume that

Actually, CC BY-SA doesn't require source files, unless one explicitly
mentions that he's following the Definition of Free Cultural Works
([1][2]) --- by the way, this is the definition for "free/libre
culture", while the free/libre software movement follows a subset of it
in regards to non-functional data, more like "non-functional data
sharing culture", if you want to know more about the differences, I
suspect we might need to start a new topic.

Personal note: As an occasional maker of non-functional data, I do try
to make most of these data types as free/libre cultural works, although
for my personal enjoyment purposes --- reading, listening, viewing --- I
don't "consume" only free/libre cultural works, but I do consume
at-least-shareable ones.

[1] <https://freedomdefined.org/Definition>.