libtool

Re: libtool, llvm-gcc, failing C++ exceptions

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool, llvm-gcc, failing C++ exceptions
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 09:48:40 +0100

* Bob Friesenhahn wrote on Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 05:11:56PM CET:
> Using 'llvm-gcc' (GCC frontend to llvm compiler) I find that C++
> exceptions do not work (are not caught) in the built programs.

> Over the years I have encountered a number of cases where C++
> exceptions don't work,

Do you use dlopened modules?  If yes, try adding -export-dynamic to the
link flags of the program, and try enabling global symbol resolution for
opened modules.

I'll post a testsuite addition on libtool-patches to try out.

Do you mix C++ code with other code, e.g., code compiled with the C
compiler?  Some non-GCC compilers may need other switches for exception
handling to work right, e.g., +eh for the HP-UX compiler.

Cheers,
Ralf